gym a/c

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

poindexter

Reaction score
I need some kind of a/c for my garage gym, do free standing fans generally work or do I need some kind of air conditioning unit ? Does anyone have experience with this?

Depending on how hot is where you live and how much you work out. If you spend alot of time in your garage working out and you live in a hot place, I would definitly suggest some kind of ac unit being put in. But I think a free standing fan could work pretty nice as long as it's not too hot outside.

unless you spend a lot of time in there an A/C system will be a waste. It will either have to work hard to cool it when you go work out and by the time you are done it is finally getting the temp correct or it will have to run all of the time wasting electricity when you are not in there.

A free standing fan with a high cubic foot per minute air flow (cfm) will do much better. It may not keep the room as cool as an A/C but the air can be directed at you where you are working out allowing your body sweating to cool itself. As said overall room temp may be higher than with an A/C but you may be more comfortable. Plus the fan can be turned on to cool you when needed and off when not needed, saving a lot of electrical expense.

Back