Help Identifying Bathtub Faucet

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum' started by perkins_j99, Jan 7, 2013.

1. Jan 7, 2013 #1

perkins_j99

perkins_j99

perkins_j99

I have a 1960's home and the bathtub began leaking water constantly a few years back. I capped off the copper going to the two faucets (hot and cold) under the house. Now I want to actually fix the faucets to get some temporary use; but I can't figure out who makes the valves so I don't know where to buy parts (i.e. seats, gaskets, seals, etc.). Maybe you can help? Attached are a few pictures. Thanks in advance!!

BTF1.jpg

BTF2.jpg

BTF3.jpg

BTF4.jpg

2. Jan 7, 2013 #2

nealtw

nealtw

nealtw

Contractor retired

Most time you don't need to know who made it, just take you parts to plumbing or hardware store and match them up.

3. Jan 8, 2013 #3

kok328

kok328

kok328

you might be better off in the long run to buy a new/cheap faucet if it's only for temporary use. You should be able to find something in the $15-20 range.

4. Jan 8, 2013 #4

perkins_j99

perkins_j99

perkins_j99

I have looked at the box stores and can't find anything like it. I also considered just buying a whole new setup but it's going to require me to bust into the tile which I was trying to avoid. The bathroom will get remodeled anyway at some point so maybe it's the best way to go. I may try taking the parts into an actual plumbing shop and see what they say. Thanks for the responses thus far.

5. Jan 8, 2013 #5

nealtw

nealtw

nealtw

Contractor retired

You should be able to find the parts, Or you could change it to the new single lever, moen and others make a cover plate that would cover the old holes. It's not fun but it can be done without ripping down the wall.

6. Jan 9, 2013 #6

frankflynn

frankflynn

frankflynn

Go to a "real" plumbing store. Not a box store. They will help you there with everything you need especially including knowledge which they will charge you almost nothing for. I'm certain you can fix these faucets - probably for just a few $$ maybe all you need are new rubber washers.

Good Luck,