How do I remove these odd bathroom faucets?

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dborns

Reaction score
Another thirty minute project at a standstill....

I have two new sink faucets to install in our master bath. When I went to remove the original ones, I ran into an issue because I've never seen the type of hardware to secure it to the sink like these have. It looks like they cut two holes for the inlets, and used a metal plate in between those holes to tighten it to the sink. It looks like the metal piece is soldered in place and I don't see anyway that the plate comes off.

Attachments

• image0.jpeg
    image0.jpeg
    525.7 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_8355.JPG
    IMG_8355.JPG
    413.2 KB · Views: 0
Another thirty minute project at a standstill....

I have two new sink faucets to install in our master bath. When I went to remove the original ones, I ran into an issue because I've never seen the type of hardware to secure it to the sink like these have. It looks like they cut two holes for the inlets, and used a metal plate in between those holes to tighten it to the sink. It looks like the metal piece is soldered in place and I don't see anyway that the plate comes off.
Then they may be able to be removed by disassembling from the top.

I'll give that a try. I was hoping to find a set screw on the top so that I could take it apart from above, but there's none there. I'll try to disassemble the handles to see if that works.

Thank you

Thanks and post a photo, which my lead too some clues.

I was able to get the first faucet out and it did come from the top. The two handles screwed off but I ended up having to break the spout to get it out. The brass lines going to it snapped pretty easily.

Good deal.
In an off-handed situation, my SON & DIL purchased a house from a flipper, who tauted himself as a lic. B-GEN., who drilled an 1-38" hole in a cab. spreader, drilled an 1-3/8" hole in a marble pullman top, installed a single lever faucet, set it thru the 1-3/8" hole in the cab., SO, if they need to change the faucet, they'll need to butcher the spreader.

I asked this lic. B-GEN, if there was a sale at MONTGOMERY WARD, the day he received his lic.

Haven't seen him since.

Latest posts

Back