How to determine potential durability of new kitchen faucet?

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stanigator

Reaction score
or any faucet in general. I have a kitchen faucet with a leaky cartridge and impossible to disassemble assembly such that I find myself having to buy a replacement faucet. The key factor to the purchase would be the potential durability but I have no idea of how to accomplish this. Hence posting here for recommendations. Thanks in advance!

I’m not an expert, but my experience is the big name brands that are expensive to buy are pretty good and changing the guys also expensive work very well. The cheaper ones work ok until you need to fix them and then you might as well replace them.

There are exceptions I’m sure. I bought what they call a hunting camp shower to put in the basement 30 years ago to just use for a few months while I rebuilt the main bathroom. I liked it so well it stayed around and got used a lot. It was only $75 and came with the shower head and plastic valves and they looked like fisher price made them. They still work perfect never a drip.

If your not too concerned with appearance, I'd opt to go with commercial grade fixtures.
(T&S Brass, Chicago, Kohler, etc...)

Back