How To Fix A Clogged Bathroom Sink Drain / Waste Pipe Stopper Disassemble Reassemble

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice video but I got to say that HD sells a plastic tool, thin and about 18" long with tiny barbs on it. You just push it down the drain and push pull it back and forth with the water running. Works great. Easy and no chemicals.

Nice video but I got to say that HD sells a plastic tool, thin and about 18" long with tiny barbs on it. You just push it down the drain and push pull it back and forth with the water running. Works great. Easy and no chemicals.
What if it's something like a piece of metal or hard object? This may not work.

Really? When was the last time anyone found a piece of metal or hard object in a sink drain? Even your video shows the typical gunk that clogs a drain...I'm not dissing your video or post but there's no need for removing the trap to clean out a clog in 99.999999% of the time when you use something like I mentioned.

I'm a big fan of two products, one call "Clobber" and the other called "Drain Purge".
Both are a concentrated acid.

I'd usually put something down it myself, but good video nonetheless!

Back