How to get diesel oil out of concrete floor?

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So any of you guys have any ideas on how I can clean up the oil in the street in front of my house? Where I park there is spots everywhere and it is getting pretty bad. any Ideas? This is in asphalt.

So any of you guys have any ideas on how I can clean up the oil in the street in front of my house? Where I park there is spots everywhere and it is getting pretty bad. any Ideas? This is in asphalt.

Take your backhoe and dig some holes, call the city and report some sink holes...:eek:

I could repave it but then I have a patch in front of my house. I guess I can wait till the slurry coat it again.

Go to the nearest Home Center, buy 10 gallons of flat black paint, wait until after dark, then roll it out in random locations and patterns all down your block. This way, your drip spots don't show as badly. No digging, no lumps, no hassles from the neighborhood association.

Good idea but I don't care what the neighbors think, it bothers me more then anyone else.

I am a coating - epoxy professional so I see things a little differently. Oil stains can be the kiss of death for coating adhesion. I wonder if these great removal ideas make the cement 'safe' for coating again. The rude and crude test is to pour water over the former stain spot and see if it still beads up or reacts differently to water on the concrete that wasn't stained. Anyone have any observations about this?

Latest posts

Back