How to re-connect these two parts of tub drain?

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vinny186

Reaction score
The house was built in the 60's and the tub is original. Any suggestions?

Attachments

• tub.jpg
    tub.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 15
I found this pic and it makes me wonder if the horizontal part just gets shoved into the spring-looking part?

Attachments

• pop1.jpg
    pop1.jpg
    9.2 KB · Views: 2
  • pop2.jpg
    pop2.jpg
    9.7 KB · Views: 2
Well, how about starting by describing where the parts in post #1 originated and how they were disassembled, because the parts in post #3, bare little resemblance to those in post #1.

THe first pic in my third post goes goes down the vertical overflow pipe and the second pic, which would have a circular drain stopper on it would go into the drain and some how link into the spring part. I can only assume that;s how they were attached because when the lever on the overflow stopped closing the drain, I removed the parts.

After doing some research, I've decided it would be easier to simply install a pop up drain-stop and do away with the old system.

Installing a step-toe drain stopper, is a solution, however, also remove the lever and drain stopper from the escutcheon, in post #1, and reinstall just the chrome escutcheon, or any high water will flood the area under the tub.

Latest posts

Back