How to remove paint from brick

Discussion in 'Bricks, Masonry and Concrete' started by beezee3, Dec 27, 2005.

1. Dec 27, 2005 #1

beezee3

beezee3

beezee3

Hi All.

I have just bought a new house off-plan, and it seems like the builders were a bit careless with the paint. They've spilt some paint onto the bricks on the driveway, and no matter what I do, I can't get rid of it. Will I have to change the bricks? Here's what I've tried so far:

- Paint remover - Just took the top off the paint. Still quite a bit in the grooves and IN the brick
    - Pool Acid - Was told this would bring the paint out. Didn't really work. Still quite a bitof paint IN the brick

Any tips would be helpful. Then I can put it on my blog with tips that I've compiled on making a great home...

thanks,
    James

Tips to make a great Home

2. Dec 31, 2005 #2

kev crete

kev crete

kev crete

you might try a product called goooff? not sure on the spelling but found it at canadian tire or perhaps local hardware store. Small yellow tin with red lettering. It is a xylene based mix product which seemed to work well for me.

3. Jan 2, 2006 #3

The Gingerbread Man

The Gingerbread Man

The Gingerbread Man

Running Cookie

I think Kev Crete means "Goof off" also use a stiff bristle brush and scrub it in and brush it out.

4. Jan 3, 2006 #4

pqglen

pqglen

pqglen

Try naval Jelly or a similar thick acid jelly type product. let it setup real, real good. You should see blistering then powerwash it off. If that doesnt work try a wire wheel on a high speed grinder >after you have rinsed the acid of course

5. Oct 1, 2006 #5

MarcusCarcus71

MarcusCarcus71

MarcusCarcus71

local hardwhare stores sells sandblasters.

6. Oct 1, 2006 #6

CraigFL

CraigFL

CraigFL

Since it's outdoors, you can also use a high pressure washer-- at least 2500psi type.