I have a home that was built in the 70s and would like to do a complete remodel.

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

114flatrockhouse

Reaction score
I have a home that was built in the 70s and would like to do a complete remodel.

Have a detailed drawing of floor plan as it is now I have attached

Would appreciate any Ideas .

Cannot move stairs to basement or or great room.Looking for open kitchen and room for stackable washer dryer.Could cut 1 bedroom if needed nice master bedroom ,bath, and closet wanted. Get rid of hallway too

147 Hudson dr  wide open 1 25 2016.jpg

Modified Floor plan Latest ideas.jpg

147 Hudson with 1 foot grid lines.jpg

Where is the front door?

Make the small bedroom in to two bathrooms, master and main.
Remove both old bathrooms and walk in closet.
Make a closet for the washer and dryer where the wic door is now facing the hallway.
Extend that closet wall all the way to the exterior wall for back of kitchen and new full width closet for master.
You have added 4 1/2 ft to the kitchen and 5 ft to the dining room
Move the third bedroom door to the other end of the wall so it faces the washer closet.

After you settle on your great new plan you have to do a study of the structure of the roof.

Probably in the dining area to the left of the window.

Is the basement a full basement?

Is the conditioning equipment in the basement, or in the attic?

Where is North?

Can you detail the bathroom fixtures?

Last edited:
Probably in the dining area to the left of the window.

Is the basement a full basement?

Is the conditioning equipment in the basement, or in the attic?

Where is North?

Can you detail the bathroom fixtures?

Then the old bathroom wall could be backed up to give a front door closet and move the front door over.
I am thinking the old UR will be new entrance mud room from garage.

I was looking at it and thinking you could move the 3rd bedroom (across from the kitchen) down to where the dining area is (which would make it smaller) and have the walls taken down to make that former bedroom a dining area and or bump the kitchen over there so you can have a window in the kitchen. Well, that is IF the front door isn't leading right into the dining area. I can't see the doors on there very well.

A diagram of the current kitchen and bathroom layouts would help.

Thanks for the ideas! hard to see until on paper I will work on the tonight
House faces north basement under all of house except front bedrooms and dining room ac is under house bathrooms are going to be moved
If you would like to sketch something I would like to see it
Thanks
David

Latest posts

Back