I made a fairly inexpensive mig cart.

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

imported_dakuda

Reaction score
My old mig cart was made from bed frames cut up and welded together. Yes, it was cheaper. It also left much to be desired.

This past weekend, I bought one of these:
http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_...f=Y&CustomerMemberID=u603399t0f0fp21869c0s599

They were on sale for $40. I would watch Sears for the price to drop again.

After I put it together, I had a thought: Why not cut a hold in the top tray for the air tank? So, I did. I cut a hose and used that for the edge of the hole.

Nice, easy, cheap welding cart. If I had to do it again, I would've put the hole on the other side. I'll just switch the handle one of these days

I picked up another, since the stick welder will fit on the bottom shelf. I just have to put it together around the welder.

View attachment attachment.jpg

Now your recycling the o'l fashioned way. Nice job, I built a camping grill out of bedframe material to hold my cast iron grates from my regular grill, works perfect.

Now your recycling the o'l fashioned way. Nice job, I built a camping grill out of bedframe material to hold my cast iron grates from my regular grill, works perfect.

Bedframes are so darn useful. Even without a box spring and mattress. Heck, my first welder cart was made out of one. :D

Latest posts

Back