inner cylinder has come out of faucet, how to repair?

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jacobc

Reaction score
Derengge_faucet_problem.jpg Hello,

I have an arch kitchen faucet from Derengge (an amazon seller from China) with an inner hose that you can pull out e,g, to wash the sink. One time when pulling out the hose recently, a plastic cylinder that was inside the main arch came out too. It can be pushed back up inside and falls right back down/out. It must have been glued inside and come loose. It should be clear in the attached picture.

How can I fix this? In theory it should be possible to glue the cylinder back inside the arch. But: (1) what sort of glue can I use that's waterproof, nontoxic, and not damaging? (2) how to keep the glue from getting rubbed off the outside of the plastic cylinder as it's pushed up inside the arch?

Thanks a lot in advance!

Last edited by a moderator:
You should also be able to disconnect the hose and remove it. Then dry the inside of the goose neck and the outside of the ribbed plastic sleeve, apply a urethane adhesive to the ribbed sleeve and reassemble.

Leave it alone for a day or 2 for the adhesive to dry, connect the hose and try.

Next time, by American made, because as often as not, customer service is at your phone and/or they may replace at no cost.

Back