It's Monday, What did you learn this weekend???

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I didn't hit the hydrant, some tweeker did and then ran off.

I agree Chris!

THAT IS SWEET !

I want one too!

oh wait, I use my 4 post as a hoist .

I honestly try not to lift heavy things at all so it would probably sit more than I would use it but it would be nice.

I'd be lifting stuff just to watch it lift.

Best part....all of it was free (except the paint). The shop I work for moved a couple years ago to a new building and put in bigger gantry cranes. They had about a dozen jib hoists. They had the I beam iron outside to toss in the future and all of the trolley hoist on a pallet to throw away! I managed to grab two of the hoist and enough I beam to do the job. Both hoist are 110v and 1/2 ton. That odd ball celing in the garage gave me plenty of height to get this out of the way. The bottom of the I-beam is 10' 2". The hoist can store either side. I've always used an engine hoist, but this thing is handy!

Best part....all of it was free (except the paint). The shop I work for moved a couple years ago to a new building and put in bigger gantry cranes. They had about a dozen jib hoists. They had the I beam iron outside to toss in the future and all of the trolley hoist on a pallet to throw away! I managed to grab two of the hoist and enough I beam to do the job. Both hoist are 110v and 1/2 ton. That odd ball celing in the garage gave me plenty of height to get this out of the way. The bottom of the I-beam is 10' 2". The hoist can store either side. I've always used an engine hoist, but this thing is handy!

GREAT PRICE Ecam, You could lift a train engine with that big boy trolley.;)

I learned that I have the most awesome daughter in the world.

I also learned that everything of mine my father-in-law touches has a problem or another. Borrow my truck and the fuel gets stolen, come to my house and the sewer backs up. I never have any of these issues when he is not around.

I learned that I will never be like the inlaws.

It's Monday, my mother-in- law went home yesterday after a weeks stay. I've learned my house is a lot quieter with less people in it.

Sounds like we may have to start a thread about in(out)laws.

Mine are dead... don't have to worry about that anymore.

I like Mandy's parents, but her half sister is crazy, and to be avoided.

My inlaws are just annoying. Not horrible but they drink all my booze when they come.

My inlaws are just annoying. Not horrible but they drink all my booze when they come.

Go to their house and return the favor. Do that a couple times and problem solved. If they say they don't have any, then explain that you won't either when they come back.

I would do that but the whole time I am there they are feeding me booze. The just act like the kids and we act like the parents. They are retired and lifes a party.

Life does improve after retirement I will admit.

Back