keeping out rodents

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

delmonte

Reaction score
What are some of the best ways to keep mice/rats out of your house from the ouside? I was thinking of using chicken wire for the holes but this seems like it would be an eye sore to the neighbors

It is called hardware cloth. It is a half inch squared wire mesh. Just paint it so it does not look noticable.
I also use scented dryer sheets in my camper. I use the whole box in different spots. Seems to work over the years, no meece.:D

Wait, scented dryer sheets keep mice away? Why? Never heard this method before.
I know you can buy a box of stuff at Wal-Mart or wherever that you sprinkle around. Not sure how well it works though.

I live in the country, plenty of mice. My camper is in my wide open barn though the winter. I use dryer sheets and have never had mice. Mabey coincidence but I also use them in my snowmobile , in the exaust, air filters and seats. Seams to be workin after 10 years.:)
Smells a hell of alot better than moth balls.:eek:

Blek, I hate moth balls and cats!

Gonna have to try the dryer sheet method. Dryer sheets smell delicious! Especially Lavander & Vanilla scent.

Latest posts

Back