Leaf Guard?

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blue Jay

Reaction score
Looking at putting new leaf guard for gutters on my log home. The expanded metal guards put on with the gutter install 12 years ago has been a joke since about year 2. Looking for advice about what to install. Thank You Jim

The only ones I've seen work are the water fall type.
Yes if there's a really heavy rain some water will bypass the gutter.
If your dealing with pine needles I've not found any that work.
Any of the foam, brush type, fine screen that lays inside the gutter are a joke, and do not work!
Any gutter company that offers a life time clean out warranty uses the water fall design.
There avalible at any Lowes, HD, even my local Hardware store carries them.

That's the way I was leaning just wanted some other input. Thanks

Looking at putting new leaf guard for gutters on my log home. The expanded metal guards put on with the gutter install 12 years ago has been a joke since about year 2. Looking for advice about what to install. Thank You Jim

That's the way I was leaning just wanted some other input. Thanks
Did you install anything? What kind and how have they worked out?

Have not yet, health problems have had me down. No pine needles live in a woods with oak, hickory, beach and a few others.

I don't have gutters but leaves gather in the valleys of my steel roof. I guess my roof pitch is to low (4 in 12).

Have not yet, health problems have had me down. No pine needles live in a woods with oak, hickory, beach and a few others.
Sorry to hear about the health problems but thanks for the reply. I’m considering the Gutterglove from HomeDepot or Atlas from Lowe’s looks about the same.

1669861461429.png

We have had the perforated metal guards on two of our houses and were happy with both of them. We currently have the foam style guards and they work well for us. We do not have any trees with needles but do have lots of Oak, Maple and Beech trees.

The perforated metal guards were the gutter installers own design.

Latest posts

Back