leaking air compressor/tools

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bandito

Reaction score
Hi,

I am new around here and this is my first post.

I bought a Husky compressor that came with 5 air tools. I just bought a 2" braid nailer also. The problem I am having is that when I connect a tool to the hose supplied from Husky it always leaks air right at the connection. When I disconnect the tool the air stops leaking. At the other end of the hose which is connected to the compressor it never leaks. Is there a reason for this and is there something I can do so my compressor doesn't kick in ever 2 minutes?

Thanks,

Bandito

Sounds like the coupler is faulty/old/cheap. A coupler and several nipples would be worth the investment and $10-15 at the home improvement center.

Have you tried a little teflon tape on the fitting first? Also check all fittings are tight, just a suggestion as some new units are not real tight oout of the box.

I would bet on a faulty coupler. I have had this trouble before. I bought a Milton air coupler and fitting and no more leaks. Whenever I buy an air tool, I make sure it has a Milton air fitting. Yeah, they cost a little more, but they are well worth the couple of bucks.

I agree. I once purchased a bunch of couplers from Harbor Freight. Every darn one leaked.

Agreed. You can use a harbor freight male end on the air tool, but buy a GOOD female coupler. It's the point that gets used the most.

Actually, I went to PrincessAuto and bought their brand which was about $6-$7. I now have no leaks.

Latest posts

Back