Leveling concrete under vinyl flooring

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

roswellac

Reaction score
My problem is my heating and cooling ducts were moved to the attic. The old ducts in the floor in a concrete slab were filled with concrete. In my laundry room the duct was not filled level so I filled it with floor leveling compound and then applied vinyl self-stick tile. The compound keeps breaking loose and causing a bulge under the tile. I will remove the tile and chip out the compound. What should I use to fill in the void over the concrete that won’t keep popping up?

How deep was the hole you filled?
What did you use to fill it?
Peel and stick is the last type of flooring I ever would have used for any floor anyplace.

joecaption said:
How deep was the hole you filled?
What did you use to fill it?
Peel and stick is the last type of flooring I ever would have used for any floor anyplace.

Oh joe don't be a P&S hater :) lol

It's filled with concrete and topped with self leveling which didn't stick and peel and stick seems to be the right product here as it will be easy to fix that. Add a little white carpenders glue to the mix and paint the top of the plug with glue just before you do your patch.

Back