LG LRFC22750TT lights stay on

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steve38

Reaction score
We recently discovered that the light in our LG LRFC22750TT were staying on while the doors were shut. Both door switches seem to be bad. I unscrewed the bulbs for now but would like to fix the problem. Any ideas?

Thanks
Steve

Hi,

Check the door switches first.
If the switch(s) check ok, something on the main board may be bad keeping the light(s) on all of the time.

Link is here for checking a common light switch.

jeff.

If you get a chance, let us know what you find/see.

jeff.

I'll do that, it may be a little while until I get to it. Just out of curiosity, what's involved if the problem is in the main board? I somehow think it's unlikely that both switches would go at the same time.

Thanks,
Steve

Hi Steve, I just replaced the board on my GE fridge, with Jeff's help. It's quite simple. Disconnect power, remove cover, disconnect molex plugs from old board, remove board. Put in new board, hook up plugs, replace cover, and plug 'er in! At least, that's how it was on my GE. I assume your LG will be similar. The board should be located on the back of the fridge, about waist high.

After I told my wife the price of a new main board she screwed the blubs back in and they worked normally. This one is fixed for the moment but I'm sure it will be revisited.

Thanks for the help!
Steve

After I told my wife the price of a new main board she screwed the blubs back in and they worked normally. This one is fixed for the moment but I'm sure it will be revisited.

Thanks for the help!
Steve

It would be nice if everything worked out like that :)

Things that go away on there own....often come back to haunt us :eek:

jeff.

I have an LG 3 door bottom mount freezer refrigerator. It beeps 3 times every 30 seconds. Doors are closed and lights go out when switches are depressed. What could the problem be ?

Latest posts

Back