Master Bedroom Design Modification

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ME87

Reaction score
Given that I'm more of a craftsman than a designer I ask for your help

Right now the master bedroom look likes this
2012-01-23_19-25-39_877.jpg

I'm thinking along the lines of something like this
MasterBedroomModifcation.jpg

In the right hand corner I'd like to put in a closet or something that I can put a gun safe in so I may reinforce it as some sort of a stronghold behind the drywall.

I would also like to put some recessed lighting in the 12" portion coming out of the wall so that we can do away with reading lamps beside the bed.

Any ideas or suggestions would be great.

Not bad, but could be better.

I'd be careful about the gun cabinet thing, insofar as the distance it protrudes into the room could make it difficult to make the bed (unless the scale shown is not an accurate reflection of the actual dimensions you plan to use). Also, the top shelf appears "cluttered" with the projections above the shelf plane. Narrow block on left, gun closet on right. Why not make it one smooth flow? Doing that will make the room look larger.

And I'd give some thought to adding built-in shelves on both sides, recessed into the bump-outs. Can never have too much storage, whether it's for books or just kitsch.

That's exactly why I posted on here. The dimensions are too scale, so I'll make a couple changes tomorrow and we'll re-render. Thanks for the advice.

Hey I am new here in this forum, and the design, ME87, proposed is so nice. This could be really helpful to me too.

Not really sure about the gun safe as well, but I really like what your plan is. I love the lighting idea. You have a lot of upper wall space, I think the outcome will be nice.

I think the recessed lighting will set the tone for the entire room. It should be nice.

Latest posts

Back