Miter Saw Hold Down Stick

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eddie_T

Reaction score
There's a "10 Million Dollar Stick" reviewed on youtube for holding small pieces of wood when using a miter saw or similar. One guy spent a lot of time making this beauty out of wood (the ends have rubber bumpers on them). Someone commented that they would keep it in mind the next time they trimmed their rhododendrons. I think the rhododendron idea has merit and I'm going to scout my woods for candidates.

Screenshot 2022-03-04 12.54.21 PM.png

That whole post just makes no since!
What does that silly tool have to do with trimming bushes?

That whole post just makes no since!
What does that silly tool have to do with trimming bushes?
LOL I had to think about it for a second myself. If you have ever trimmed a rhody you would see that most of the limbs fork out just like that. If I had thought of that as a kid I would have been hacking the bush out front to make slingshots. :coffee:

Speaking of rhody slingshots here's a pic of mine,

1647700925227.png

Speaking of rhody slingshots here's a pic of mine,

View attachment 27665
That’s purdy.

I wonder what ever happened to mine I haven’t seen it in over 50 years. I might just have to make a new one.

Thinking back on it that was really a simpler time. Mine was in my back pocket of my jeans sticking out all summer. I don’t ever once remember any adult commenting on it. When the Turkey Vultures would line up on the peak of barn roof now that was a good time. Now kids do it with a video game system I guess. :coffee:

Those were the days! Slingshot in rear pocket and a hunting knife on my belt all summer long. In and out of stores and the county courthouse without even a glance.

Even in the 90s a fellow brought a .38spl into my office at COMSAT Labs in his briefcase, pawned it to me and I took it home in my briefcase. A couple of weeks later we reversed the process when he redeemed it.

Back to the hold-down stick. I was going to pick up a few used tire valve stems to use as pads on a stick but the city had forced my friend's friend out of business. It seems that he had too many vehicles in various stages of repair (or un-repair) surrounding his shop and the owners of condos and a penthouse across the street complained about the view..

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back