motion detectors

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Robed or robbed, or was he burglarized? (sorry, my previous occupation coming out this morning)

Both contacts and motion detectors are useful, depending on where and how you use them. You will get more false alarms with motion. Your best bet is to have both in a system, with a way to shut off (shunt) motion while you are inside the home.

lol I guess it's a piece of bad news. OP's uncle has been robbed. :hide:

OP, why not install a CCTV camera system? A decent cctv camera kit can do the alarm job as well. You can take a look at floureon security camera system and I notice that most of them have a hdd with a good price (about $150 or less). I have installed one 4ch system of this brand and I have to say that it's super easy to use. With motion detect (When motion detection recording is enabled, camera begins to record if it detects any motion and then stops once the movement ends.), my phone would receive email-alerts from the system if any unauthorized activities have been detected. I think this feature is a must have for monitoring home security.

In addition, the night vision is also critical important. As we all know night can be robber’s paradise, thus if you have to pick a cctv kit out then you really need to focus on the IR leds. You know that how far the illumination of Infrared usually determines the night vision range. And more IR leds means higher the night vision range.
Just some hints, HTH.

Latest posts

Back