Mounting a Safe

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jimduncan

Reaction score
I want to get a wall mounted or floor mounted safe for my garage, I am not sure how I would bolt it to the floor as there is no way to get the screws up under the concrete to screw on?... Does anyone know a safe that has holes already through it for attaching to a wall that you could recommend or any ideas?

I think most safe have holes in the bottom so you can bolt them directly to the floor. If you have concrete then you just need to drill holes and place anchors in the holes that will accept the right size bolts and your good to go.
Also weight is your freind get some lead and put it in the bottom of a floor mounted safe after you bolt it down it will be even harder to move.

They make expansion anchors for use in concrete. You drill a hole in the concrete with a masonry bit and drive the anchor into the hole. You can then place the safe over it and put bolts down into the expansion anchors.

Another option for mounting items to concrete is to use epoxy. You drill a hole as above and place put an epoxy mix into the hole and put a bolt down into the epoxy. after it sets up you can lift the safe up over the protruding threaded rods and bolt it down.

both methods can be found in the hardware section of your local home center like lowes or home depot.

Latest posts

Back