My Jeep Garage

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All I can say is...."Wow!" When you get to cleaning up the garage, I'll take that tiger on the wall!

Barely room to work on the Jeep, but better than outdoors!

Hey I have seen much worse.

Be sure to check that vise before backing oout.

What's your plans to get organized?

Aww come on guys, this is a cozy place where I can take care of the jeep when its not taking care of me!

See them bright lights in the "back"? They are mounted on the overhead door, and shine right down into the engine bay when the hood is flipped up, nice and dry and warm. When the door goes up, its the great outdoors, sub-zero in winter. I've done all my work in this small space, sometimes with help.;)

Wizwoz

Hey I understand now, you have backed in. That vise looked awful close to hooking that Jeep.

4x4 looks like it comes in handy with your winter roads and weather. Are you doing anything to the garage?

Where's my jeep?

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sRMLp_V4W4I[/ame]

All-right, if this is a contest on who has the most cluttered garage, I want in.

I've been cleaning my garage for two weeks and I'm still not done. I do like the lights on the overhead door - can be repositioned and adjusts the cooling in the garage all at the same time.

Hey if you don't run over that Good Year Racing stool, I'll take it. Oh yeah, don't want to forget, "Welcome to the Forum."

T.

I believe havasu was ribbing the op a bit. I don't think there is a jeep in that clip it just shows an even more full garage than the op. right havasu?

Exactly! I just typed in "cluttered garage" and that popped up.

Here you can see the hoist that I use to lift off my hardtop so I can switch to soft top for the summer. The pegboard wall looks cluttered but it enables me to find stuff just by staring at the wall for a minute.

View attachment 100_0092.jpg

I keep everything in boxes so I can quickly load and unload the jeep. Tools boxes are on the floor near the rear so I can grab the tools I need as I am working. There is room for a floor jack and jackstands if I need to lift it up.

View attachment 100_0093.jpg

As soon as I can get every little bolt and bracket out of the interior, I will be sanding the so-far unrusted paint and applying Monstaliner so I never see this body rust out, from the inside at least! Hope to have those pics on JeepForum soon.

View attachment 100_0091.jpg

Wizwoz:

Tell me, how does that jeep heater work out for you up there in the winter in Alaska?

I was up there in September a couple years ago. I saw a number of jeeps and know you can get some awful cold weather.

Jeep is great in winter with hardtop, great heater. Cold snow is squeaky and good traction with these tires. Getting a camera to work at -20 like in this picture - that's another story.

View attachment PICT2354.jpg

Latest posts

Back