My new project

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xi3p465MN1E[/ame]

What makes the spark on that thing? It has to have points, a timer, or something of a similar nature.

I just read that you have a seat switch and a mower deck switch that both have to be working for it to turn over.

They both test out Ok.

This will have to go on the back burner for a while. My every day driver (a minivan) bit the dust. (not sure when I will have the money to fix it)
So I got my old work van out of mothballs and am driving it. I forgot about all the stuff it needed. Brakes this weekend to start.

I think maybe the new solenoid is bad. I have 12 volts on the input side but with the key on I have nothing on the output side. Like Chris said, I think the only power going through it is through the little wire. It has to be either the solenoid or the ignition.

That expensive stuff that few mechanics can fix should be avoided. That sled needs a four cylinder Chevy 2 engine. Totally reliable, used in cars boats, and numbers applications. Besides they sound good with headers.

Put another new solenoid on, still just clicks.

Just a dumb question..... Is the battery charged?

New battery and fully charged. I can run a jumper cable from the battery to the starter and spin the motor fast. Jut something bad in-between. If I can find a number on it, I am going to buy a new ignition switch.

Had to postpone working on it. Either rain or 100 degrees every day.

Better than rain in 100 degree temps. We call that Florida.

I hope to resume this project before long. Cooler weather on the way.(I hope)

Did the weather cool down for you yet?

Back