My rebuilt garage...

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I recently added a plexiglass protector (thanks for the great idea MG!) for the wall and included a soap and towel dispenser. Now with all the great two-tone paint jobs for the garage, I believe the time has come to start doing mine as well!

View attachment 013.jpg

looking awesome:thumbsup: can't wait to see what you do with the paint scheme. those cabinets look amazing. and the garage retreat sticker looks good in its place of honor.

Thanks for the compliments!

Yeah, after looking at some of the other member's garage shots, mine certainly looks like "white on rice!"

After much discussion, I decided today I would give my garage a coat of clear epoxy on top of my gray epoxy floor. It only took about an hour do do after spending a few hours scrubbing, and scrubbing and more scrubbing. A quick rinse with water and a squeegie allowed it to dry quickly. I just failed to realize the instructions say to allow a drying time of up to 4 days, which won't make the wife too happy.

The first two pics is the dull finish prior to the clear, and the others are after the clear was painted on.

View attachment 027.jpg

View attachment 030.jpg

View attachment 033.jpg

View attachment 035.jpg

wow! that looks great. I would love to epoxy my floor but I doubt I ever will. it is just going to be boring concrete until I win the lottery. (since I never buy lotto tickets that may be a while):(

When I came home from my vacation, I found a really nice stainless steel sink sitting in my garage. My son knew I have been looking for one to replace the cheap plastic sink I currently have installed in the garage, and found this slightly used one at a friend's shop which was being thrown away.

Today I decided to install it, and have some nice looking chrome drain lines to replace the cheap looking PVC drain lines. Since this sink is considerably smaller than the plastic sink, I am lacking a ledge for soap and shampoo for the dogs, but have another piece of stainless steel which I will fit into a drop down shelf at a later time.

Here are some before and after pictures:

View attachment 006.jpg

View attachment 013 (2).jpg

View attachment 014.jpg

View attachment 016.jpg

View attachment 019.jpg

that sink looks very nice. much nicer than the old plastic one like mine. I added some painted plexi-glass to the side which helped but it is still ugly. that looks cool.

havasu:

You are one lucky guy to have a son looking out for dad.

What a great looking sink there. Price was right on and it really kicks the place up a notch.

Havasu, where did you get those cabinets?

I bought the work bench from Sam's Club. Since I wanted matching cabinets, I tracked down the company (I believe in San Pedro) and went ahead and ordered all my cabinets directly from them. Now, most Sam's Club's carry them in stock. They are obviously Chinese but when put together, they served my needs great, without breaking the bank.

Next winter I am going to redo my garage so I want to start stocking up on what I need now.

^epoxy the floor. Makes a huge difference in appearance and cleanliness.

That was the first thing I did when I got the house.

Latest posts

Back