Need help finding a bathtub

Discussion in 'General Home Improvement Discussion' started by juan_us2, Jan 25, 2008.

1. Jan 25, 2008 #1

juan_us2

juan_us2

juan_us2

Member Sponsor

Hello all, I am starting the processing of renovating our house. Its 43 years old. The most expense renovation will be the bathrooms. In the upstairs portion of the house is my mother's bathroom. She is a senior and I would like to install a walk-in bathtub. Can anyone give me any feedback on these tubs?
    On the lower-level, which is called the in-law apartment, which is where I live, I have a very small bathroom. 6ft wide by 10ft. I want to change the bathtub to something that I can soak in. (I'm 5'11") And I'm on a budget. The bathtub enclosure is an alcove. Measuring the length and width of the existing tub, the space is 60" x 30". So I need a tub that will fit into that space. However, I want a tub that is at least 27" deep. Any suggestions?

2. Jan 26, 2008 #2

guyod

guyod

guyod

Hello Juan.
    We just had a theard about the walk in tubs

http://www.houserepairtalk.com/showthread.php?t=3394

If you are on a budget the walk-in tub is probably too much at $3k

The best deals for standard tubs are probably big box stores and surplus stores..

3. Jan 27, 2008 #3

noah_678

noah_678

noah_678

Member Sponsor

The tub is a matter of choice and I would suggest you go to a plumbing supply or try the Disabled Baths and look at the various tubs available.

Good luck

4. Jul 17, 2009 #4

EllaBubb

EllaBubb

EllaBubb

Hello,

I am 86 years old and my knees aren't what they once were.

I think the best temporary relief I have ever had was from a jacuzzi/whirlpool..
    Unfortuantely I am not rich or have the means to pay for them.

What I did find which I could afford was a Walk-in Bath tub. I found some that had hydrotherapy jets that are the next best to jacuzzi.

My research led me to this site

Ellasbubbles

call today - 312 929 3057

I hope this helps other seniors that are out there looking for answers