Need help with an oil fired water heater

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rc auto

Reaction score
Its a White Rodgers model. Model CF-32-6. Serial # DJ9645147.

The unit will not reach pre-set temperature. It will run for 10 to 50 seconds, then stop. The light will flash at the reset button. Sometimes slow and sometimes fast. The unit will come back on by itself sometimes. Other times you have to press reset. Sometimes its on full lock out. We have changed the nozzles several times.
I have also tried a trick my dad showed me: After installing a new nozzle, put the assembly straight up in the air, remove the cat eye and observe the spray pattern. It has a nice swirling motion.
I was thinking it was one or more of the following three things: The Aquastat, the temperature bulb, or the burner control. The unit only has two wires to the burner control. At the Aquastat, B2 has 123 volts and B1 has .486 volts. When the unit stops working, the voltage is lost to B1. If someone could tell me of some tests to run on it, I would appreciate it. I called Honeywell and the tech was unable to help me. Thanks, R.C.

When you changed the nozzle did you also realign the electrodes and check the eye sensor? I am not familiar with a White Rodgers water heater I thought they were a control manufacturer.

Latest posts

Back