Need Ideas for Making use of a 12 foot ceiling in a closet

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lorrireynolds

Reaction score
I am trying to figure out how best to make use of the upper portion of our small walk-in closet. I had the idea of using a kitchen small appliance lift mounted upside down to bring a high shelf out and over a hanging bar so I won't have to climb a step stool in order to access the items on the shelf. Any thoughts?

--Lorri

In my daughter's closet at our old house I built a series of shelves that were also a staircase, so from the top step she could turn around and access a wrap-around shelf at the height of the top of the door frame. She was about 5 years old at the time, so proportionally it was like a 12-foot ceiling to her. Maybe you could do something like that; shelves that you can also walk up to access higher shelves?

I'm trying to imagine . . . sounds useful AND fun! Unfortunately, I am 70 and just not interested in climbing to get to my stuff. I am really looking for creative ways to bring my stuff to me. Thanks for your input!
--Lorri

What is the size of the closet? In a really small closet you're limited by the door height for reaching the top stuff. If the closet is deep you have move options. C

What is the size of the closet? In a really small closet you're limited by the door height for reaching the top stuff. If the closet is deep you have move options. C
It is 48" wide, 101" long and 110" clearance for height.

Latest posts

Back