New car waxing

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

havasu

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
My G/F just got a new car and we got into a debate on how soon it should get a coat of wax. I wend ahead and put a nice coat of professional, pure Carnuba (sp) wax on it, and it turned out great, but I'm wondering if I should have waited?

Probably doesn't matter much since it was probably made months or even a year ago but I usually wait a month or two before I wax. How did it turn out.

It turned out great. Believing the paint may still be a little soft, I made sure to use the softest cloth found, and wiped it off with one of those new micro cloths, which is said not to scratch.

That is what I use. You should not wash that car with soap for a while or at all if can be avoided. Wax regularly and it will be beautiful for a long time.

She got a Kia Sorrento. A really nice car with 10 year/100,000 warranty.

Those Kia's have come a long way in the last ten or so years. I owuldn't mind having an Optima.

We went there to pick up the new Optima, but with my bad knees, it is a little low to get in and out of. I park my Lexus RX350 next to her Kia, and the vehicles seem so similar. Of course, the Lexus is faster and quieter, but with the cost being double of what she paid, I think she made a great choice.

WOW! You must be a young man. I learned a LONG time ago NEVER get into a debate with the opposite sex:p

Mark? Young?

hehe.gif

Ouch guys. I can still beat the crap out of you with my cane.

Why do you think I carry my Glock? :D

hell don't worry about it, the car will be dead long before the loan is paid off.. enjoy the shine.

Latest posts

Back