New project, maybe.

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rusty

Flooring installer
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
I have an 85 Ford custom van that I gutted several years ago to use as a work van. Only has 122,000 miles, but it is rough. My in-laws bought it new. They seldom drove it but didn't take care of it either. It runs great and drives nice. Thinking about cleaning it up and repainting it. Just not sure. Oh it's a 351 4bbl. Carb was rebuilt about 1,000 miles ago (about 3 years). Doesn't burn or leak any oil, tranny is good.
It has those god-awful running boards and fender flares. The fiberglass is rotten, so they need to go.
Worth being a project?

I think a van would be a cool project. Are you going to convert it back or???

Need to find a hood. A tree got it, same tree that fell on my last project.

Need to find a hood. A tree got it, same tree that fell on my last project.

Suggestion from an armchair quarterback.....don't park under the tree...:waggingfinger:

We had a 92 mph wind gust.

I've never been in a blow that bad. Dumn me would enjoy going outside and trying to stand up.

I've never been in a blow that bad. Dumn me would enjoy going outside and trying to stand up.

Rest of the wind that night was 30-40 mph.

So....what's the verdict on the restoration? Moving forward?

It will be a while. Need money.

Decided to just touch up the paint on it for now.

If it ever quits raining.

That thing is awesome! I wish I had a van. They are cool.

I want to see the interior. What is it set up like?

Still has three of the bucket seats in it. And all my carpet tools.

My neighbor just bought a little work van. It is a Nissan NV 200 and ideal for plumbers and carpet cleaners. I told mama that I'd love to buy one, install a little bed and toilet, and go off to see the country.

Latest posts

Back