New shop floors

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chris

Administrator
Reaction score
So as some of you know I am fleeing California soon and already bought a new home in Idaho. The new house come with an attached three car garage that is 28 feet deep and then I have a shop on the property that is 30 x 40. I wanted 40 x 60 but beggars can't be choosers. Now to the question, it has bare concrete floors and I would like to coat them but not sure with what? I have done epoxy in my last two garages but was thinking of something different this time. So far my idea is acid stain and then a good clear epoxy. What else can you guys think of?

Is the new garage smooth enough to stain and polish, like our new member here was posting yesterday? Man, I love that look but I bet it can get slicker than snot with snowy conditions.

It is and I was thinking for my shop and not the garage, the garage I will probably leave plain concrete for now.

BTW, how much snow does this new place get ?

They get about the same amount of rain as here so I will let you guess. Less than Big Bear lake

What elevation is the new place?

What about Race Deck? It looks cool and would let the rain/snow out without having puddles under foot.

I've heard of it, how does it hold up to welding grinding and wood work on it?

Your google search gave me nothing but comparing to other plastic floors but then I thought it's a plastic floor, that can't hold up well to welding.

Latest posts

Back