New Shower Door

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

m4p

Reaction score
I got stuck in the shower and when I pushed harder on the door, the glass shattered. So now we need a new door. It is an alcove type shower, with a 24 inch opening.

All the hardware in the bathroom is silver/chrome. I was going to just order a silver framed shower door, but now I'm wondering about the Oil Rubbed Bronze finish. Our tile is a bronze/brown color, kind of a foil type finish, so I thought the oil rubbed bronze might look good with it.

Does anyone have any experience with the oil rubbed bronze finish, good or bad? I'm just wondering if it holds up well or not.

Thanks!

now-adays it is a pretty good coating

but, if everything in your bath is chrome, why do you want to mismatch?

your home, you can do as you please. just wondering

Thanks for the reply, Odorf, I really appreciate it. Well...I was thinking I'd probably replace the towel racks and then eventually the fixtures. But now that I've thought more about it, I'm going to just stick with chrome. If the bathroom was in really good shape, I might have gone with the oil rubbed bronze and replace the fixtures too. But the bathroom does need to be re-tiled, new countertop, etc. I just have a couple other projects that I want to do first.

Anyway, I just ordered a door and got the silver frame. I know, kinda of boring, but at least it will match :)

when installing new track, use 100% silicone not latex

Back