No Hot Water - Navien NPE-210A2 Tankless Water Heater

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dclynds

Reaction score
I had a Navien NPE-210A2 tankless water heater installed just over six months ago (December, 2022) and it has been working great. However, just a few days ago, something strange started happening: when we turn on a single faucet to hot water, the unit is not kicking on to generate hot water - but when I turn multiple faucets on, then the unit will kick on and deliver the hot water. It seems like the Navien unit is no longer correctly measuring the water flow for a single faucet and sees it as below the minimum threshold (0.5 gpm) for the unit to actually kick on and heat up.

In December, right after the install, I monitored the diagnostic screen on the unit while various taps were opened. The Kitchen faucet at that time registered 0.9 gpm. Today it registers 0.4 gpm...even though the actual water pressure coming out of the kitchen faucet has not decreased at all...if anything, it has increased. I will contact Navien, but was curious if anyone here has experienced something similar.

Has someone messed with your incoming gate valve?

Has someone messed with your incoming gate valve?
The Navien technician I spoke to on the phone today believes the check valve went bad. (Is that the same as "incoming gate valve"?) He told me the temporary fix was to reroute water flow inside the unit by switching a small black valve next to the gas line inside the unit from INT to EXT (see pic). The real solution will be a new check valve installed by a Navien licensed plumber.

Attachments

• 20230708_210748.jpg
    20230708_210748.jpg
    4.7 MB · Views: 1

Latest posts

Back