Noise in wall

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yotomoki

Reaction score
I need help please. Noise coming from shower wall is driving me crazy. There is this sound like a horse galloping coming from the back of my shower wall behind the shower faucet handle and all along that wall. The sound comes on after turning on water in other parts of the house or flushing the toilet. I thought it was water hammer so I turn off the main water line and let water run until it stop and then turned on the main water to try to flush out any air in the line. It didn’t work because the noise is still there and only comes on after I turn on water. I opened the shower faucet handle and looked inside and can see that there is a tee copper piping connected to the handle and guessing that’s the arrestor for water hammer. The house is 5 years old. And this noise started about a month ago. Don’t know what else to do.

Welcome.

It sounds as though you need to replace some faucet parts.

I need help please. Noise coming from shower wall is driving me crazy. There is this sound like a horse galloping coming from the back of my shower wall behind the shower faucet handle and all along that wall. The sound comes on after turning on water in other parts of the house or flushing the toilet. I thought it was water hammer so I turn off the main water line and let water run until it stop and then turned on the main water to try to flush out any air in the line. It didn’t work because the noise is still there and only comes on after I turn on water. I opened the shower faucet handle and looked inside and can see that there is a tee copper piping connected to the handle and guessing that’s the arrestor for water hammer. The house is 5 years old. And this noise started about a month ago. Don’t know what else to do.

I am guessing that the pipes have come loose from the studs. So, when water goes through them the pipes move.

Back