Not for Show Dogs

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eddie_T

Reaction score
I had dinner with friends and they had got a GSD rescue for their Downs Syndrome son. She is beautiful about 1.5 yrs old and in good health. She is quite active the dad does one mile walks and says she prolly gets five miles on the same off-leash walk (they have access to many many acres of woodland and small lakes) . I don't know if it's due to BYB but she has a lighter frame and very little slope. I'm not a GSD fan but one with her conformation could be very tempting. They got her via the action of a friend (rather than a contract) so I am unsure if she was ever in official rescue status (though they refer to her as a rescue). She's a bit shy and only touched her nose to my hand once but she murmurs to me when I use her name and talk to her.

I keep racking my brain trying to think what GSD might stand for, and I refuse to look it up because this is more fun.

"Good small dog"
"Gangly, stretched-out Daschund"
"Gently sloping dog"
"Generally simple dog"
"German Shepherd donkey"
"GERT-suffering dog"
"Gladiator sword dog"

Good smelly dog.... the dog may be smelly, but makes up for it by being good!
laughing5.gif

Globalist Seclusionary Dog ("Hypocritical dog! Hypocritical dog!")

Doberman and Pit might be a good cross to get some good genes into the pool. Over time the Pit could be bred out maybe leaving cute ears too small for cropping. If I were younger I would do some Doberman crosses to improve the breed. The clubs would despise me but if I did a good job the public would love me. Dogs should be bred for families rather than for the show crowd.

The AKC and DPCA ruined the Doberman breed yet has the gall to denounce backyard breeders. AKC papers actually serve to encourage backyard breeding and AKC thrives on the registration fees. People that know little about genetics think AKC papers make for a good match.

Last edited:
I was just doing some searching and apparently GSD means "German Shepherd Dog"

Makes me wonder if there is an American Shepard Dog or not

Or a German Shepherd Horse or Ferret or something. Don't we already know a German Shepherd is a dog?

Well, actually, churches in Germany call their pastors... German Shepherd!
thumbsup5.gif

If there are greyhounds, how about blackhounds, brownhounds and so on?

They'll probably have rainbow hounds before long clueless-scratching.gif

If there are greyhounds, how about blackhounds, brownhounds and so on?
There are redbone coonhounds, black and tan coonhounds, bluetick hounds, and I guess bloodhound could be construed as a color name too.

A breeder in the Palm Bay, FL area is developing a new breed of shepherd . The goal is to get blue shepherds with ears that are smaller and correcting the slope of the modern GSD. Blue old stock GSDs were used as well as Blue Wolves. She has wolf percentage down to 6-16%. She doesn't classify her breed as a working dog breed. It's not a new breed at this point.

The Blue Bay Shepherd: Is The Only Blue Wolfdog Right For You?.

Dog Dog breed Carnivore Grey Whiskers

Latest posts

Back