Preferred Garage Door and Windows

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

imported_frozenstar

Reaction score
I was wondering what kind of doors and windows do you guys prefer on your garage?

Do you like a small window, a big window perhaps?

Do you prefer sectional garage door, retractable garage door or a canopy type door?

Why do you prefer so?

Share us your thoughts!

I have windows in both garage doors. and 2 36"x72" windows in one wall. I honestly hate all 4 sets because I want to be able to close my doors and no one know I am home if I feel like it. my wife and I had the house to ourselves one weekend, both kids gone to grandmother's house. we decided to sleep in Sat morning. well, about 9 we get woke up to BANGING on our window. it was her uncle hollering and baging saying open the door.

In the garage I am planning out, I will not have a single window or window in the garage door. Around here, if you want it hidden you don't show it off. I will have 1 large garage door, sectional, and one man door.

For daylight I will have several skylights.

When I remodeled my garage, I installed a double insulated sectional garage door to keep it warm in the winter, cooler in the summer, and quieter inside and out. The window, which is about 5' x 5', is double insulated and able to be opened for quick ventilation, and ordered with obscure glass in it like a bathroom often has. This way, I have lots of light, but nobody can see if the cars are in there or not.

Here is the inside looking out.....
garagepics003.jpg

And here is the outside looking in.....
garagepics001.jpg

And here is the door in the up position......
garagepics011.jpg

The type of garage door completely depends on you! Don't forget - you must consider the kind of material your garage door is made out of as well, as certain materials accommodate better with outside climate changes.

- Rick from Garage Doors Toronto

Latest posts

Back