Pro Tech - Pro Tech 10" table saw

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hummer

Garage Builder Extraordin
Reaction score
:rockin:I purchased my pro tech table saw at Lowes about 5 years ago for about $100 Bucks. I have used it to build at least two houses and more than 5 big home improvment jobs, like entire kitchens, decks, etc...I cut various wood and plastic for everything from ripping planks out of plywood to making trim . It has been abused a lot. It has never failed me. for the money you can't beat it.
This is another great tool

View attachment Garage inter (29).jpg

My protech just died after ripping some wood and freezing. The blade turns but when I flip the power switch nothing turns, even when I hit the reset. Any thoughts?

I'm wondering if you could have tripped the breaker? Change plugs and try it again.

My pro tech saw is 20+ years old and I just put a new 40 tooth blade on it. Cuts like a hot knife thru butter now! As it is so old it was quite the challenge to change the blade. I sprayed the nut with WD-40 and let it soak for a little while then I took a pair of vice grip players and snugged up tight on the blade and then I had to resort to hammer blows on the blade wrench to break the blade nut loose, but it finally loosened and I put the new blade on. Gave the old saw a general lubrication of moving parts and a good general cleaning and it's good for another 20! :)

Back