quick and dirty 2 car de-uglification

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
here are a few more pictures of what little I got done over the weekend.

after that last pic I took my table saw and a few other tools back to my garage. I still need to put my other big cabinet together, but this is what the top panel looked like when I opened the box.

for over 200.00 for these things I decided rather than fixing it, I wanted a new one. it should be shipped out soon. I am also going to put up a bit more gear wall up around the back door. the wife is really liking it and I have 3 pieces left. so might as well. anyway. Laurel is no longer ashamed of her garage. it is coming along nicely.

I have pretty much finished the remodel now. anyway, I put up the last of the gear wall I plan to put up. I still have 2 8 foot long pieces left that I will try to return to home depot. but anyway. I also finished putting the last cabinet together. I still have one of the shelves to put together but laurel does not know where she wants it yet. anyway we have a lot better storage, it looks way better and laurel likes it much better. also the ceiling is held up much better so it is much less likely to fall on the cars. here are a few more pictures.

I still need to trim and paint the foam sealer and put the mop board along the north wall. but anyway it is basically done now.

Why are the two inner wall cabinets lower than the outer cabinets? It is really messing with my OCD!

my wife likes them that way lol. I personally agree. but it is her garage so I just did what she wanted when it came to that. she initially wanted to put the two big cabinets at different heights too, so she could fit the rubbermaid container under the one and still reach the top shelf easier on the other, but I talked her out of that. but basically she liked it that way, end of excuse.

Yep...."Happy Wife = Happy Life" ;)

Superb transformation I really like the color combination of the walls.

thanks. hard to believe it was only a year ago. anyway it has held up very well so far. we have bought some more hooks etc. and a wall mounted vacuum so it has been a successful remodel.

Latest posts

Back