Running water out to garage

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kehoe

Reaction score
How easy....or hard is it to run water out to the garage? What factors do I need to consider before I do it, and what is basically involved?

How easy....or hard is it to run water out to the garage? What factors do I need to consider before I do it, and what is basically involved?

1/2" to 1" poly water pipe is what you need. there's different grades depending on if it's for drinking water.
depth to bury depends on if it freezes where you live. Do you have drains? can you put a drain in?

Beware if you are up North as pipes can bust when frozen causing a lot of problems in your garage.

The bigest obstical is the frost line. You will have to go well below it. Here in Upstate NY, I have to go down 5-7 feet for a water line.

When I ran water to my garage building, I was the black plastic pipe. Be sure to run the water line 36" or more under the ground. We hired a guy with a trencher. I running up through your garage building concrete floor, use the black plastic tile and run the water line through it. If you ever need to replace the water line, it can be done this way.

Latest posts

Back