Schlüter edging strips

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

missdoc77

Reaction score
I really love the look of these Schluter edges and will likely be using them! Just wondering if anyone here has installed them before and what your opinions are.

http://www.schluter.com/139.aspx

I'm particularly interested in the one designed for a 135 degree corner since I have an ugly one just outside the tub on both ends to deal with. Sheetrock had to be cut back to get the new tub in place so now I'm getting creative in ways to refinish it nicely and may wrap tile around there to solve the problem. Pic attached. Don't judge - it's currently a mess. LOL And for the record, the floor will get replaced eventually, too. Maybe sooner than later. Or maybe I'll just throw a bath mat in front of the tub. HA. But back on topic - that corner. Same on other end of tub. Maybe somebody here will have a better idea, short of ripping out more sheetrock and replacing, taping and mudding, sanding, painting, etc. I'd rather not have to do that.

I'm also considering the edging for the inside corners of the alcove.

Thoughts? Ideas? Pros? Cons??

20151129_133654.jpg

Last edited:
I've used them quite a few times and really like them. Used on the top course of tile behind the bathroom sinks and to finish the tile baseboard along the walls, which allows you to use the floor tile cut to whatever height you want and finish with a metal edge. Did a tile that looks like stainless steel behind my range and hood and used the schluter to trim it, inside and outside 90s. Looks great.
Funny how many friends have seen them in use and started using them also.

Thought I'd update my thread... yes we're still working on this shower reno! Full time job and life get in the way. Thankful for a 2nd bathroom upstairs! I did end up using some Schluter edging on the outside of the tub surround but did not use them in the corners. Went with a silicone grout that matches the rest and I'm happy with it all. Still have some work to do but so far I love it!

2016-09-05 17.40.37.jpg

master bath.jpg

Back