Seeking Advice on Slimline Radiators

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nobes

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I'm in the process of renovating my home and considering installing slimline radiators for space efficiency. However, I'm a bit unsure about their effectiveness compared to traditional radiators. Do slimline radiators provide the same level of heat output? Are they easy to maintain and install? I'm also curious about their durability and if they're prone to any specific issues. If anyone has experience with slimline radiators or has insights on their performance, I'd greatly appreciate any advice or recommendations. Thanks in advance for your help!

the old fashioned cast iron rads, where very efficient, they need just a water temp of 140 f to deliver heat , the thin line rads need a water temp of about 180 - 200 f to deliver the same amount of heat. I do not know how many service calls i have been on where some renovator installed new thin rads in a house where cast iron rads heated the rest of the house. the room with the cast iron rad where way to hot and the rooms with the thin rads where way to cool. do not mix cast iron and thin , one or the other

Latest posts

Back