SENVILLE mini split install help!

Help Support House Repair Talk:

dthornton

inspector gadget
Reaction score
Okay, here is a final update. Long story short; I installed the unit myself, then I hired an HVAC technician to hook up the lines, vacuum it down, charge it, and test it. I’m loving the Senville unit (EXCEPT that it only goes down to 62* - we like 60*F for sleeping). It has saved us $$$$$ on the utility bill so far, and I’d say it will have paid for itself in less than a year. Would I do it again? You bet! The inside unit hangs similar to an over the range microwave except that you cut a 2 1/2” hole in the wall. The outside unit just sits on a pad. The lines have to be torqued and vacuumed (which is best left to an HVAC tech). The installation is NOT difficult though, if you are handy at all!

Attachments

Green8

Reaction score
My Senville Unit has been installed for a good 3 yearsand I must say that I am totally impressed. I thought because it was Chinese I would be getting a "cheap unit" but the features and specifications that the air conditioner was equipped with is amazing. Follow me function, self-diagnostic, inverter, Energy star, free install kit and much more.

WyrTwister

Reaction score
I recommend you run 14/3 With Ground Romex from the inside unit to the outside unit . A 9,000 BTU MS is likely to require a 15 or 20 amp 120 VAC circuit .

We have installed 2 MS's in our house . But I have the advantage of over 35 years in the construction industry . Already had most of the tooling .

I took an online course & test & received my first level EPA card . Cost $ 30 , if I recall .

I only do HVAC work for myself , I do not try to be a contractor . Ran the electrical myself .

The company I work for has an account with Johnstone Supply . Bought both MS's there , wholesale .

Wyr
God bless