Sleeping since 1970

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StingRayCaretaker

Reaction score
Found an old drag racing west coast Corvette. It has been in storage since 1970 with 42k on the clock. Should be on the road in spring if additional projects don't get in the way. Some chrome pieces were taken off ( bumpers, grille, emblems, rocker panel moldings ) , apparently they didn't have anything to do with performance. I wish it could relate some of its prime history years challenges.

View attachment IMG_4098.jpg

Nice find! Can't wait to see the progress.

Great find, can't wait to see some restoration pics.

Love the Chevy engine block color.

Everything else about Chevy sucks!

Just kidding...................

Found another lonesome soul looking for a new home. Parked in dads garage since 1978. Brake drums stuck to the shoes, pushes hard but moves enough to get on a trailer. Bought from second owner who stated he had overheating problems, stuck too much in repairs, and parked it. Tried to sell but no offers close to his investment. Hard to believe someone could ignore a car stored 37 years. I think he inherited dad's property. Storage never became a problem. Not being a car guy he had a friend list it on CL and took the first offer three hours after posting. Stated he had a ton of calls the following day, cancelled the ad, phone still kept ringing.

View attachment IMG_0842.jpg

Nice! But what is all that white stuff on the ground, you have a pillow fight /slumber party last nite?

Nice! But what is all that white stuff on the ground, you have a pillow fight /slumber party last nite?

We chose the midwest for its four seasons, winter, winter, summer , winter. It helps keep miles off old cars and perfects ice controlled motoring. Crossing several states in this venture we drove through four separate snow falls. I favor cold to 95 degree heat.
Southern buyers appreciate the low mileage vehicles. Northern buyers like the southern rust free panels. A huge supply of drive train parts make their way south also.

Side pipes were added just before storage. A rear set of " cheater slicks " on steel wheels, narrow Craeger SS in front, a white vinal stripe down the center........ and I see an ocean of buyers checking their wallets. There are none at the local dealerships. If there were one couldn't count that high.

I want a project.

You need another project like you need another hole in the head. Get my gun room finished first!:Sabrefight:

I bought two more guns for it today, one a Sako and the other I will let you guess.

Back