Sticking house numbers to stone

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MRubenzahl

Reaction score
I have a big stone out front and I want to mount some plastic numbers on it. I temporarily stuck them up with double-stick foam tape and to my surprise, they stayed there for months, but once freezing temperatures arrived, the adhesive said, "nope, I don't do that." I got some Gorilla Double-Stick that said indoor, outdoor, stone, yadda yadda. But it's a thin tape and won't stick to the not-flat stone face.

Ideas? Looking for a double-stick tape solution and want to avoid drilling holes in rock.

image_2953.jpg

.my neighbor stenciled his house numbers with spray paint. It turned out pretty slick.

I wonder if automotive double sided tape would work. It may be too expensive to try ules you knew someone in a body shop that would give you scraps.

Might try an epoxy labeled for concrete and duct tape them on there till it cures. Clean it really good first

Try hot melt glue from a glue stick gun. I mounted a some picture hooks to our brick fireplace in our last house. I wouldn't do it for a mirror, but it worked well for a lightweight picture. When we moved I was able to pop the hangers off without leaving a mark.

Latest posts

Back