The 12-Gauge Garage

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice. I saw this garage in a magazine on garage ideas. :thumbsup:

I went to the " strong hold cabinet " web page. There was no address given but several places indicate it is in Louisville, Kentucky. Is this the same source ?
They do look over built for the average storage cabinet.

I think the name Strong Hold -- or ownership of the Fabricated Metals brand -- is a fairly recent thing. I was under the impression that Fabricated Metals had been making cabinets in Kentucky, and that the company was bought and the cabinets were rebranded as 'Strong Hold' at some point in the nineties. And I was under the impression that the name change coincided with a move to Wisconsin. But the web site only has the Louisville address, so I could be completely wrong. It might be that the cabinets are made in Kentucky and the parent company is in Wisconsin. Or it might be that the whole shebang is in Kentucky and I just had it wrong. :rolleyes:

They're stronger than you'll ever need for an ordinary garage. But then, they're a thing you can leave to your great-grandchildren and be certain they'll be around pretty much forever.

You've got to find them second-hand, though.

First off, Great garage. Congrats on the design.
As for the StrongHolds, I have to agree with you on their strength and durability. We use them at work in an industrial environment and they seem to stand up to everything. We use them sometimes to hold 800lbs of parts fixtures on one shelf. Not uncommon to see 16 piston/con rod assys stored in one cabinet (at 80 lbs each).
Couple of questions for you... What kind of anvil do you have? What weight?

Thanks.

I've currently got three anvils (probably three more than I really need, but that's how it is :) ).

I've got a 55-lb Harbor Freight cast iron one, a 110-lb (Japanese? steel) Jet one, and a big 200-lb mystery anvil that might be great or might be just a very heavy lump of steel (no name on it).

Here's the big one.

Anvil02.jpg

Anvil01.jpg

Latest posts

Back