The "What did you do today thread"?

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ebay/Amazon special. They have gotten a lot better over the years. I put tow mirrors on my old ram 2500 from Ebay, thought they were gonna be made of cheap plastic but I was wrong. I can't tell them from the original.

What job? I went out to Havasu to clean up. Hasn't been used in months. Cbris, you need to come out here. It is,beautiful. Tom, you're welcome one as well. Just a,long drive from Tennessee

View attachment 20160310_140042.jpg

I'll hook the ole mule up to the buckboard and start making my way within the next fortnight.

What job? I went out to Havasu to clean up. Hasn't been used in months. Cbris, you need to come out here. It is,beautiful. Tom, you're welcome one as well. Just a,long drive from Tennessee

What does that woman see in you?:D

My wife came home Wednesday after 5 weeks of taking care of her mother. Last night she headed over to babysit grandkids until Monday. :(

Dayn Rusty, obviously not what your wife sees in you! ;)

Great pic, Havasu!

I am recovering from the trip to Texas yesterday. Brought along my mechanic friend to the dealership this time and he seemed to have helped inspire my mother to have some more backbone on dealing with the people-- plus, she regretted letting the last dealership step on her and was willing to put up more of a fight.

We arrived a few hours earlier than expected-- I didn't think I'd get everyone out of the house before 6:30am, but everyone got up and I had packed up stuff we would need the night before. Snacks, sugared drink in case mom got low blood sugar, peanutbutter, water, blanket, etc.

I'll post more about the experience in the thread about the vehicle. It's a 2013 Honda CR-V EX-L with bug guard on front, towing package (no ball though), side molding, spoiler over back hatch, some sort of extra molding thing near the moon roof, etc.

The short version is that the dealer tried to charge us over $600 more than it should have cost for the vehicle with all doc fees and taxes.

We refused to pay that and ended up with the right price. Salesman probably got into trouble and finance guy was not too happy. Although sales guy was happy to make the sale a stayed friendly.

Got home around midnight and racked out. Now I'm looking for accessories for it. Thinking of replacing the stock antenna with one that looks like a shark fin. Maybe some chrome rocker trim, pillar post trim, etc... First we need to get something useful like all-weather mats though. Trying to decide between Husky mats and Maxliner.

Went to the shop and picked up my riding mower. Drove it home. Only a few blocks.

Walked out of the Chinese place and saw this on my truck:
12801511_803762806423253_1777679723162420004_n.jpg

LOL!

And here's the latest addition to my "garage"
1930228_803762693089931_8599045933274569780_n.jpg

1934484_804046769728190_8499544766004465907_n.jpg

Got a call from my daughter tonight that her grandpa, my ex-father in law passed away today after having a heart cath. He was a great guy znd a good friend. I drink a beer tonight in his honor. We shared a few over the years and had a lot of great times. To you Steve. Hope your next journey is as rewarding as your life was.

Got a call from my daughter tonight that her grandpa, my ex-father in law passed away today after having a heart cath. He was a great guy znd a good friend. I drink a beer tonight in his honor. We shared a few over the years and had a lot of great times. To you Steve. Hope your next journey is as rewarding as your life was.

Sorry to hear that. :-(

sorry for your loss, RIP Mr Steve, Your memories will live on in the minds of those that loved and respected you

th

Walked out of the Chinese place and saw this on my truck:
12801511_803762806423253_1777679723162420004_n.jpg

LOL!

And here's the latest addition to my "garage"
1930228_803762693089931_8599045933274569780_n.jpg

1934484_804046769728190_8499544766004465907_n.jpg

saw a bumper sticker on a truck at a Chinese restaurant. " so many cats, so few recipes."

saw a bumper sticker on a truck at a Chinese restaurant. " so many cats, so few recipes."
LOL!

So, I probably mentioned that when I went to download the dealer photos of my vehicle, I discovered that they had listed it for $999 less than they said their sale price was when I got there. Looked it up and legally if they advertised it for a certain price even if the customer was not aware of the drop and already purchased it, they have to honor that lower price.

Been trying to get in touch with the dealership on it and got told the supervisor went home for the day and will call me back Monday-- but now my landline went out so I can't make or receive calls. I'm going to have to call them on my cellphone if it isn't fixed by 10am Monday.

I got a call this morning from the doctors office about a blood test they did last week. First time there in over 12 years. Everything was good except that I'm borderline diabetic. Suggested a low carb diet and exercise. Everything I like is packed with carbs. Pasta, white bread, potatoes, candy, heck even grape Koolaid that I'm addicted to....Guess it's time to start looking at healthier alternatives. This is why I hate going to the doctor. Oh yeah, forgot the skin cancer doctor and trip to see the keeper of the silver stallion. Guess someone has a Porsche payment due.

Try having Celiacs and liking everything you can't eat. I live with a tore up stomach.

Latest posts

Back