The "What did you do today thread"?

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Today I have woken up and am drinking coffe. About to go run a backhoe for eight hours pulling tree stumps.

That sounds like fun. Put over 4k hours on a 580 Case during my youth. Have a new Bradco 611 on a TC55DA New Holland. Remodeled a new old stock 24" bucket to fit this machine.

Yeah, that is a beautiful course with such mature trees. Isn't there a way to install irrigation without ripping them all out?

Got my other vehicle running again. Back to three.

Yeah, that is a beautiful course with such mature trees. Isn't there a way to install irrigation without ripping them all out?

I'm only ripping out old cut down trees. I can work around live trees when I can see them. These were all stump ground to a couple inches below grade.

Finished planting the Maples, 25 in all. Ran into some rock, this one was all rock in this location. Never give up though, a sharp shovel will find a way. Winston was in charge of sticks and squirrels.
Last fall I planted trees with the backhoe . It went a lot faster with less physical labor.

View attachment IMG_4509.jpg

Had "fun" dealing with AT&T. Found out they overcharged me by over $72 one month-- basically they charged me for a month and a half in a single month for no apparent reason. Spent awhile on the phone over that and then got them agree to waive my phone upgrade fee when I upgrade. They are phasing out the 2-year contract deals where you can get the phones for free. So I got in on it and upgraded 2 phones before it goes away so we don't end up paying $600 for the phones on the Next program. Then I had to try to order the phones but it only lets you order one at a time and the website was slow as molasses and kept freezing up. Then I had a problem because they didn't accept P.O. Box as a valid address and because the USPS won't deliver to my physical address, it wouldn't verify my address. I somehow got it to accept my address on one phone and it went through. 3.5 hours later I was still trying to get the other phone ordered but it no longer accepted my address as valid and when I tried to put in a friend's address, it said it didn't match the credit card. So I had to use a different credit card. Afterward I called AT&T billing to get my account credited for the upgrade fees. They agreed that I should be compensated due to my aggravation, so I saved $90. Also found out they do a 15% discount for military and military dependents. Since my mother is a military widow, she qualifies-- just have to renew her card. Was supposed to do it Monday but she said "tomorrow" and then she said that again today. Hoping she'll actually go tomorrow. She needs to get out of the house and walk around a little.

Stingray, what kind of tree is that? The leaves remind me a bit of the gumball trees in my yard.

Had "fun" dealing with AT&T. Found out they overcharged me by over $72 one month-- basically they charged me for a month and a half in a single month for no apparent reason. .

AT & T;s logo looks quite a bit like The Death Star, doesn't it?

They screwed me for the last time about ten years ago. :eek:

Watched "Super Size Me" for sociology class. Guy almost killed himself making a documentary.

Riff_Raff, it does look like the death star!! Unfortunately, it is the only phone service available in my area. They sort of have a monopoly here. It's the only one for the landline services and its the only cellular service with a tower in range of my area-- and even then, I have to use a micro-cell tower to get signal in the house. I have to be close to the micro-tower to use it. Tried Sprint and couldn't get signal even with amp and antenna.

Rusty, I've heard that they debunked that "documentary" as being erroneous and having unreliable results. There was quite a bit of placebo effect going on. I forget where they had the article about what was done wrong in it and why it wasn't reliable. Basically because the guy believed he was going to feel sick, he did feel sick.

Not that I would recommend eating at McDonalds constantly though. I don't even get food from there once a month anymore. Every once in awhile I'll get the fillet of fish though.

When I took mom to renew her ID, there was a little sign printed out with a picture of a lemon. It said "Unless life also gives you sugar and water, your lemonade is going to suck". LOL.

We had a nice view of it from the house but my camera skills would have it look like a blip of light in a dark room.

Sunday afternoon cut down two large dead elm trees. They were losing limbs and some stuck in the ground like projectiles. Today was clean up. Cut branches and tree sections in manageable lengths, then haul away. Watered the maple trees I transplanted. Hopefully some take a liking to their new surroundings.

And here I was sitting out in the backyard with my wife, eating popcorn and just waiting to see what the end of the world looked like. What a let down, I'm just going to go back to waiting for hell to freeze over.:rolleyes:

Quit reading those doomsday books.

And here I was sitting out in the backyard with my wife, eating popcorn and just waiting to see what the end of the world looked like. What a let down, I'm just going to go back to waiting for hell to freeze over.:rolleyes:

Did you at least have butter on the popcorn?

Latest posts

Back