Vault door

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chris

Administrator
Reaction score
I am trying to find a vault door for a little project I am working on. I went to my local safe guy who had huge advertisements on his windows for vaults and whatnot. I asked the guy inside about info on vault doors and to see what my options were. After three guys who didn't want to come to the counter finally decided to show me a catalog of safes. I had to explain to him that was not what I was looking for. Eventually he said he had been lock smithing for many many years and has never been asked for a vault door. He then told me anything like that would have to be custom made and would be too expensive to do for the normal guy. He sent me on my way. I guess they don't want my business after all.

I went to my office and the same company that he was showing me safes for makes doors. I should go smack him.

I am trying to find a vault door for a little project I am working on. I went to my local safe guy who had huge advertisements on his windows for vaults and whatnot. I asked the guy inside about info on vault doors and to see what my options were. After three guys who didn't want to come to the counter finally decided to show me a catalog of safes. I had to explain to him that was not what I was looking for. Eventually he said he had been lock smithing for many many years and has never been asked for a vault door. He then told me anything like that would have to be custom made and would be too expensive to do for the normal guy. He sent me on my way. I guess they don't want my business after all.

I went to my office and the same company that he was showing me safes for makes doors. I should go smack him.

I would have to definitely point it out to them,but that's just me. LOL

Damn Chris, time to put on your big girl panties. Run back down there and ask for the owner immediately. Let him know what his POS snot nose salesman are telling you. THEN, demand the attention you deserve.

Last time I was there it was a couple older men. This time it was three young idiots. More interested in making keys than selling expensive items.

My friend built a safe / gun room in his basement. Poured concrete walls and an old bank safe door he picked up . The door was heavy as all get out but with steel reinforcing framing it fit well. The neat part was being full size not having to duck to enter.

Thats my goal too. I just want to open a door and walk in.

I have a project like that. i bought all marble for a new 5' walk in shower.

I still have all the material for a 5' walkin marble shower

to busy, i'll do it when i do it

I plan on starting my house addition in the spring, as long as money says it ok. I may push it off a year if I need to. I want to sell my mountain house in the spring, that will pay for the whole addition.

Back