welcome to the doghouse

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've also seen lots of them in action but when my car is on it, little beads of sweat pop from my forehead!

Well it is an 11000 pound 2 post asymmetric lift. I have 4500 psi concrete and I drilled down to 7 inches before I punched through on the one side and I never did punch through on the other I was down at least 8 inches. way deeper than those 3/4 inch grade 8 anchor bolts were anyway. so I believe it will work as advertised. but as they say in the engine building profession "trust but verify" i will not lift anything more than six inches until i make sure it is stable while i intend to primarily lift mustangs i suppose I may occasionally lift my truck but I will be cautious.

I'm sure it will be strong enough for anything you do. I should have prefaced my concern by telling you I also freak out on roller coasters and any rides that go higher than I can stand!

lol. okay, but by the same token, when dealing with anything that can crush you and your pride and joy like a bug a little caution is never wasted right?:thumbsup:

btw The electrician is coming tomorrow. we just ran a temporary line to it the other day to lift it and adjust it. when he comes I am going to have him install a plug in on the beam above the front of the lift so I can hang one of those retractible trouble lights. I turned 44 this year and now I find that if I don't have good light I need my glasses to see anything. oh well like I always say, the only alternative to getting older is to die young.

I just turned 55 last week. I have two rechargable Mag Flashlights with 6 billion candlepower each (OK, I exagerate a bit!) and use them for everything these days!

I lifted my f150 today. still haven't tried the 250 but it worked great so far.
IMG_0877.jpg

and on a completely different note I pretty much finished the bathroom this week. still have to caulk around the baseboard some more. I ran out of caulk. thought I had 3 tubes but 2 of them were clear.

IMG_0880.jpg

IMG_0879.jpg

IMG_0878.jpg

I also still have some glue to clean off the floor then I need to polish and wax it. but the floor is down now so the last big hurdle in the bathroom is completed. :rockin:

That plexiglass behind the utility sink is a great idea....do you mind if I copy your idea?

not at all. and of course like with most borrowed ideas I expect you will improve on it so I look forward to seeing what you do. btw I remember you have the same kind of sink. I still am not happy with the open area under neath it. I have been trying to think of a way to enclose it. have you done anything like that or is yours still open like mine?

I still have my heart set on a wall mount stainless steel sink, but refuse to spend ~$900-$1300 for a dumb sink. I also considered placing a granite slab on the adjacent washer and dryer, and cutting a big hole in the extended granite in order to accept a sink, but don't want to build legs to the floor. My third option is to just box the plastic tub in a wood frame, and then painting it to match the walls.

So, to answer your question...no!

I was working on my mustang last night. I was installing a bug screen that goes in front of the radiator. I was having a hard time getting at the bottom radiator bolt on the passenger side. I was laying on my creeper and reaching up under the car when my cell phone rings at the other side of the garage. I get out from under the car and find out it is my wife in the house she wants to "chat" anyway I was a little grumpy with her but as I was getting ready to crawl back under the car I saw the lift, "Light bulb". anyway put the car on the lift, finished the job without getting all dirty crawling around on the floor. it's funny its like my air tools. I have them and use them, but so often I will just grab a regular ratchet and struggle for a while before I decide to get the air tools out. I am still not used to having this lift but it sure does make life easier.

IMG_0882.jpg

I can relate. Last week, I was helping a friend change out bumpers on his jeep in my garage. After about 10 minutes of wrenching, I looked over and saw my air lines on the wall and thought, "Duh!"

I plugged in the air ratchet, and was done in about 5 minutes!

I'll also tell you that the sound of air tools in a garage is music to my ears!

well I finally finished installing my modine heater. it is only a 50,000 btu heater but with the g73 in the kennel and the heater in the bathroom I am hoping it will be adequate. we will have to see. I still have my little dragon torpedo heater for those really cold days.

get-attach2px.jpg

I have also been "jonesing" on those guys with the awesome nut and bolt storage solutions so I started my own. I bought this section to start with to see how it will work. I plan to get 2 more sections once these are full to store other sizes of bolts. I currently have sorted my misc. bolts into 1/4, 5/16, 3/8, and 1/2 inch bolts, nuts, washers. that leaves me 3 bins to sort each size of bolts into so I will have to get some dividers to sort the bolt lengths better but at least now if I want a 5/16 bolt and nut I can just grab them rather than rummage around in a can that has a mix of everything.
I haven't got them labeled yet either but hey its progress

get-attachmentaspx.jpg

Thanks for sharing! That is a great storage system for nuts and bolts. Did you fab up the backing plate? Is there enough strength with those bins so they won't pull off the wall?

no the backing plate came with it. the plate and 24 bins for $65.00. Like I said I plan to get 2 more so I will have about 9 feet of storage bins hanging there:thumbsup:

I got a bit more done this weekend. I finished up my heating goals for the year by getting the bathroom heater installed. it is a 220v heater. I was a bit concerned with how much juice everything would draw so I turned the water on hot, and all the heaters on and ran them for a while and I did not blow any breakers so I guess all is good. I was mainly concerned with the main breaker out at the pole. anyway all is good. I also got a new dog door installed that has 2 rubber flaps, and an aluminum door that locks into place if I want to close it off. this should reduce the cold air coming in there. anyway here is a picture of the bathroom heater.
DSC00088.jpg

and I also go a bunch of my nuts and bolts sorted into the bins.
DSC00087.jpg

That is a great looking set up you have. I really like the wall switch in the bathroom but I have one error which was overlooked....You spelled jeep incorrectly on it! :thumbsup:

yeah I wish I still had my old jeep. but living in iowa I just don't have much of a need for it. I had a lot of fun with that old thing. now my son does have a 93 cherokee so I guess I could put some jeep memorabilia in there. my dad also has a chevy pickup but I think there might be an allergic reaction if I put a chevy sign in there lol.

here is a couple finishing touches to the man cave bathroom.

now housing a pretty extensive collection of mustang magazines. I need to get a new rack made because I have about 2 more years of magazines that I don't have a place for yet.

:thumbsup:

Picture002-3.jpg

Picture003-2.jpg

Picture004-1.jpg

I sure like that set up!

here is my newest addition. not really a garage addition but it will help keep the driveway clear and help when I pour cement next spring. it is my wife's gift to me for christmas. It is well used but still in good shape and runs really good. I am excited.:rockin:

DSC00100.jpg

DSC00097.jpg

:thankyou: honey:thumbsup:

Latest posts

Back