Welding Table

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JackAllen

Reaction score
I would like to build a small welding table. How small could I go as far as demensions while still being workable?

I want to add a vise to the table.
The table will be contructed of a steel plate top (what thickness is good?) and some sort of metal legs.
The table will be mounted on casters so I can move it around, maybe with some sort of system to raise the casters off the ground or bring securing feet down to keep the table stable on the floor.

How large/small you can build it is entirely dependent on what you're welding... If you're welding jewelry, christmas trinkets, and r/c car parts, you'll want one a lot smaller than for welding, say, vehicle bumpers, motorcycle frames,...

For a vise, I would suggest one of the ones you can rotate sideways, to clamp parts vertically, at angles, etc.

For a table a couple feet square, I'd suggest 1/4" steel plate - about the thinnest that will spread heat out quickly and withstand the hammer-based fine adjustment often required on welded parts.

--Bushytails

Take a look at millerwelds.com/interests/projects/portable-weld-table/ it's a pretty good looking protable welding table.

Or if you would like a larger table. millerwelds.com/interests/projects/welding-table/ and no I'm not a miller employee, i just passing along some usefull stuff I've found.

Latest posts

Back