What are your thoughts on this box?

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i dont know about the rest of you guys.

but when you have kids, you BETTER keep your tools locked up.

kids "borrow" your tools to dig in the ground, crack nuts, scrap paint off of stuff. and who the hell knows why the sockets are lieing on the lawn. being shot all over the place by the mower???

hammers and screwdrivers are the first to disapear.

when you ask about your favorite wrench, the answer is

I dunno

i dont know about the rest of you guys.

but when you have kids, you BETTER keep your tools locked up.

kids "borrow" your tools to dig in the ground, crack nuts, scrap paint off of stuff. and who the hell knows why the sockets are lieing on the lawn. being shot all over the place by the mower???

hammers and screwdrivers are the first to disapear.

when you ask about your favorite wrench, the answer is

I dunno
Yeah, but letting the chillin's scour through your tools, gives you the reason and purpose to go out and buy a high dollar metal detector with Mama's approval to prevent that 9/16" half inch drive socket from coming through the Dining room window at 127 MPH.when mowing the yard,
(Voice of experience speaking here, so pay attention. I once took out a sliding glass patio door this way) :eek:

Yeah, but letting the chillin's scour through your tools, gives you the reason and purpose to go out and buy a high dollar metal detector with Mama's approval to prevent that 9/16" half inch drive socket from coming through the Dining room window at 127 MPH.when mowing the yard,
(Voice of experience speaking here, so pay attention. I once took out a sliding glass patio door this way) :eek:

Thats a good idea! you trying to get put on regular around here? LOL

been wanting a detector for a while now

This is what my dad did to me.

When I got out of the service and moved back home.

i had a nice roll around tool box full of Craftsman tools.

I showed it to my pops. Brag'n a lil bit.
He said...I'll be back,
He walked out to hs truck, Got a master lock and locked my tools up
???????!!!!!
then he said, You lost at LEAST 2 sets of my tools over the years
Thank you for replacing them.

HE TOOK MY TOOLS!! which was ok by me, hell i got more!!

when he passed, His will said, I kept your tools safe, And did not lose any

Hey All!

Sorry for the late reply but we have just been slammed over here since SEMA. It was such an awesome show and many many opportunities have opened. We even sold out of all our units. Expecting the next batch in 4-6 weeks. We also won runner up for most innovative product, which was very exciting!

To answer a few questions:

The metal is 16-18 gauge steel.

he unit is on a lazy Susan and can be spun 360 degrees.

We have been getting tons of questions about locking up this unit. When a unit a purchased it comes with a cloth bag that can be tied and locked to keep the tools secure. It is cut resistant and seems to work well so far. It isnt the most secure but it keeps honest people honest (and it would keep the kids out of your tools).

Sending out a unit for a review/testing is a possibility, however it would have to wait as we are down to our display models.

The Red Baron Tools organizer is meant to be a supplement to your typical tool box. It makes your commonly used tools Easy to See and Easy to Reach.

We appreciate the feedback given, good or bad we are happy to hear it. Please let us know if you have any other questions.

Congrats on the great reviews. Just curious, but have you considered different size pods?

Yes, smaller tool organizers. To me, they look like pods, but what the hell do I know?

Showpump,

my true opinion as a guy that buys tools.

Why pay $485.00 for that, when I can get a tool box/work bench
with twice the storage for the same price?
It is all about bang for your buck, that is nice, I could see having one
for a 1/4 of what your asking.

just being honest, not being a prick

Showpump,

I agree with Frodo, it might be a great product, and do all sorts of neat things; but the price is not within most peoples budgets when there are viable options at much lower cost available. My father had a similar "tool caddy" back in the '60's. It is made of plastic and it's still out in my shop, serving as a small parts holder. I would guess he might have paid $5.00 for it in 1960's dollars. Just sayin'

if you want invent a tool box that will be used, here is my advice

sq /rectangle box, about the size of a file cabnet

drawers on the side, flat WOOD top
sits on a STOUT 2 wheel dolly, with 8'' solid foam filled wheels

View attachment icon (1).jpg

Yes, smaller tool organizers. To me, they look like pods, but what the hell do I know?

lol, we havnt thought that far ahead as of yet. Having trouble enough right now keeping up with orders but it will be something we will look into in the future for sure.

Showpump,

We do appreciate your feedback.

We understand for some this may seem expensive. However, we have had a great response so far and no push back on price. People who have bought this product know what they are getting. A solid, handcrafted/ welded tool organizer that is made here in the USA. They find it a much more productive way to keep more commonly used tools easy to see and reach without looking through layers of drawers. This is a tool organizer that you can count on having for a lifetime.

Price may come down in the future when even larger orders can be made from a factory, but as of now it is just not the case.

if you want invent a tool box that will be used, here is my advice

sq /rectangle box, about the size of a file cabnet

drawers on the side, flat WOOD top
sits on a STOUT 2 wheel dolly, with 8'' solid foam filled wheels

Our tool boxes are being used/sold often, we can not even keep them in stock for very long.

Glad to hear that sales are good. I bet John Force and Lay Leno would love these for their garages!

I like that, i like the big wheels

Not to steal the thunder from this thread, they are available at all Sam's Clubs, or direct from their factory.

showpump, I'm glad you are getting positive reaction to your product. Doesn't matter what you make, someone will have a different view on how it should be. If it's working for you, congrats, we're happy for you and wish you continued success. Looking forward to the next generation of product you can come up with.

Latest posts

Back